CFPS logo

CFPS logo

Wednesday 10 July 2013

Diesel Gala and D335

Evening everyone......

I am pleased to report D335 ran very well over diesel gala and sounded absolutely superb when she hauled the beerex up the bank to Heywood with 6 coaches and two class 50's dead on the rear and did not miss a beat.

D335 also covered a footplate experience course the Tuesday before the gala due to problems with 37324's radiators.

The CFPS sales team did well also over the 3 days bringing in some £1200 into society coffers and we also did well with raffle ticket launch over the weekend too. Well done gang ................

Saturday 13th July.

D335 will be moved to Castlecroft depot this week for the cabs and engine room to be repainted by diesel group volunteers if you wish to assist with this please let me know so I can advise Andy Hardman to expect  .
A big thanks to Andy and diesel group volunteers for their kind offer of help.

Saturday / Sunday 20th/21st July

Next weekend after society committee meeting  I will be continuing maintenance work on D335 and prepping loco ready for 1T57 event at the end of July. Again if your free and wish to help please advise me so I know who is coming and I can allocate work accordingly.

Drop me an email on email address below if you wish to help out on the locos.

I hope you enjoyed the ELR diesel event as much as I did it was an excellent run event and well praised by visiting loco owners, crews and passengers.

If anyone has any photos of D335 from last weekend please feel free to send them to me.

Please feel free to comment on the event if you wish I will pass any comments and improvement ideas onto event organizer.

Cheers
email address : engineering@cfps.co.uk

Lee








No comments:

Post a Comment