Firstly a huge apology for all who follow our engineering blog for not updating in so long, Other commitments have limited my free time in recent months to keep you up to date.
However with work already started on 40135 repairs and repaint it seemed a good time to start reporting on the progress made which only started today thanks to efforts of Seton Spencer.
Firstly I will give you all a brief run down on work that will be completed on 40135 (D335) over next 12 months with a return to traffic expected to be Autumn diesel gala 2015.
- Removal of Stones steam generator - for total rewire, corrosion repairs and upgrade of boiler operating controls.
- Heavy cleaning and painting of engine room and boiler compartment.
- Complete fitment of overhauled brake cylinders - 3 units left to fit.
- Heavy cleaning of under-frame.
- Heavy clean of main and auxiliary generator, overhaul brush gear on aux gen.
- Heavy cleaning and replace worn out brush gear and re-anti track paint traction motors 1 to 5.
- Sort out various minor coolant, fuel and oil leak and C exam.
- Remove and re-seal cab windows and body side windows.
- Corrosion repairs as required to body.
- Renew cab floors both cabs and new floor vinyl added & new trim.
- Repaint body - BR Green - full yellow ends.
- Refit and certify stones steam generator for 2015 winter season.