News from engineering team work today.
Today we started the 6M/C1 exam on D335 and completed all the bogie lubrication work and tyre gauging and general underframe exam.
Items checked today are as follows:
- General bogie exam and fracture check - none found.
- All grease points on bogies lubricated and axlebox roller bearings.
- Traction motor suspension tube and gearcase motak levels checked.
- Blower and exhauster motors checked and cleaned.
- Wheel profiles checked and gauged.
- All fluid levels checked and topped up.
- Generator end turbo chargers -oil drained and refilled with fresh oil.
- One body side even got a polish too.
We have very little money in our coffers as all recent income has been spent on paying for 345's main generator and repair work at Barrowhill.
Richard and Rob Purcell at Bury also cleaned up and anti corrosive painted 4 cylinder liners in preparation for being installed into 345's engine during winter months.