Here is an update on progress on 335/345 front.
Last weekend myself, Mark Hornby, Mark Jopson, John Stephens and James Bottomley were working on 345 progressing through a list of 50 items of repairs and testing prior to a visit by our VAB inspector now scheduled for 29th October where he will undertake inspection on 345 so she can re-gain her mainline certification.
Work last weekend comprised off the following:
- Steam cleaning and refitting rocker covers and fuel pump covers after fuel pump and injector overhauls.
- Control cubicle checking over and cleaning.
- Repairs to faulty OTMR pressure sensor.
- Testing of GSMR radio after replacing faulty speaker.
- Testing of NRN equipment.
- Continuation of exam work.
- Investigation into faulty screen washers.
- Removal of main generator ammeters for Calibration as they were both reading low during load bank tests.
- Load regulator resistors checked and cleaned.
- Various small jobs like securing loose engine room door handles and freeing off radiator shutters.
This Saturday another work party is scheduled to attend Barrowhill to continue with work on 345.
Items we are looking at this week are:
- Full brake test
- OTMR test and data analysis.
- TPWS test.
- Continuation of repair work including window washer repairs.
- Refitting of floor panels near to main generator.
- Re-labeling cab desk and controls
- Cab signage.